About Cheryl Cran
Cheryl is honored to work with and for global brands such as AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, Gartner, TEDX, Bell, Mass Mutual, Manulife, and more. She also works with small to midsized firms including professional practices, tech firms and more.
Cheryl Cran provides leaders and teams (r)evolutionary change management skills to lead with 2020 vision with the leading edge tools to build the future workplace today.
Cheryl’s research into the future of work, change management, technology innovation and generations impact provides data and strategies to inspire leaders to drive transformation in a fast paced world and to create the future workplace TODAY!
As an award winning internationally renowned consultant and keynote speaker for twenty years, Cheryl has worked with hundreds of industries, in dozens of countries and with thousands of audiences worldwide working with leaders sharing insights to more effectively lead in these rapid times of fast paced change, increase innovation capabilities, build enhanced agility for individuals and to ultimately inspire organizations to be adaptive and iconic leaders in their industries.
In her 20’s Cheryl was a high performing senior leader in the banking and insurance industries. Her fast rise to success in those industries resulted in her interest in helping others rise to success and she left to pursue an opportunity of interning for a major consulting firm before establishing her own consulting firm in the late nineties. Fast forward and today Cheryl has a since developed a thriving practice and esteemed global clients who have achieved breakthrough success as a result of working with her.
Cheryl Cran is the author of six books including the newest, “The Art of Change Leadership – Driving Transformation In a Fast Paced World” (Wiley) being released in Fall 2015.
Her best selling, “101 Ways to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work” is a global success. It has been translated into several languages and has been the guide for training programs that are currently licensed by partners in over 60 countries.
Cheryl has been awarded the Global Consultant of the Year in 2014 by TMI Global and is the Past President of the Global Speakers Federation. In 2012 Cheryl was inducted into the Canadian Speaker Hall of Fame, an honor awarded to less than 30 others.
A highly regarded American speakers bureau named Cheryl Cran as one of the top female speakers in North America.
Cheryl’s work has been delivered to numerous Universities including UBC, University of Victoria, Duke University Singapore, University of Hawaii, Douglas College, Association of Colleges US and more.
Lead with 2020 Vision – Building the Workplace of the Future Today
What will leaders and their teams have to do to thrive today and beyond to the year 2020? Today’s challenges include ongoing global change, technological innovation and changing workplace dynamics.
Employee engagement, creating leaders for the future, attracting and retaining top talent are all elements that are rapidly changing and impacting the way we work and how we need to change to meet the challenges of the future workplace today.
This keynote will provide researched global business insights, thought provoking, creative, leading edge ideas and strategies on how leaders can take immediate action to increase team buy in, adaptability and execution NOW as we head towards 2020.
Cheryl’s style is high energy and interactive, she presents relevant research and her presentations always have fun movie clips and music. Cheryl is well known for delivering the ‘WOW’ Factor. With Cheryl Cran you are guaranteed to have increased audience engagement, an audience that leaves with easy to implement ideas and are inspired to lead with 2020 vision to build the future workplace today.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- A look at the trends and technologies shaping the future workplace today
- Ideas for leaders and their teams to adapt their personality style and leadership style to the evolving workplace
- Tools to use to and the “how” to successfully engage the multiple generations in the workplace
- Insights into how leaders need to adapt to the ever-changing reality of worker attitudes and shifting attitudes on loyalty, job satisfaction and how work is done.
- Case studies and examples of progressive companies that are on the cutting edge of creating innovative workplaces and creating the template for the workplace of the future
- Strategies on how to get everyone on board with the overall vision, build excitement for the company’s direction and create commitment and buy-in to taking action today and for the future
Lead Change In a Fast Paced and Technological Workplace
This change leadership keynote is for everyone because “everyone is a leader!”
Everyone in the workplace is working in times of intense technological innovation and dealing with ongoing change.
The key is how to inspire and engage everyone to be ‘leaders of change’ and to dynamically increase innovation, collaboration and success for everyone in the company and for the business overall.
This keynote focuses on how each individual can harness their own inner abilities to lead change and personal leadership in a positive and proactive way.
This keynote is based on Cheryl’s new book “The Art of Change Leadership” (Wiley 2015)
Attendees will leave this session with:
- Further insight into how is fast change is impacting the speed of work and how we as leaders need to build adaptability to the new reality
- A shifted perspective on how we as individuals can harness positive stress and leverage time in an increasingly fast-paced work environment
- A clear understanding of how each generation views change, deals with change and strategies to improve change responses and actions
- Insight into their own personal change behaviors and tools to leverage their individual ability to adapt more quickly to ongoing change with a positive approach
- Tools to lead change with multiple perspectives including emotional intelligence, generation intelligence and energetic intelligence
- Skills to elevate communication in a way that speaks to the higher potential of each individual and creates unprecedented understanding and commitment to change as we move forward
- A change leadership ‘journey map’ a guide to follow to lead change beyond the program
Upgrade Your Leadership OS (Operating System)
We are living in a time of fast paced transformation and YOU are the transformers!
The key skills needed in these fast moving times are the ability to think fast, make prudent decisions quickly, test innovative ideas and to collaborate with fast responsiveness. Think about it, we keep upgrading our technologies and as technology speeds up we need our ‘thinking’ to be upgraded too!
In this ‘evolutionary’ keynote you will learn how your thinking and your mindset can impact the speed with which you and your team are able to respond and create. Imagine if you were able to download a new version of thinking that would allow you to move faster and get results more quickly.
This keynote provides insight into the ‘how’ to do just that.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- How leadership thought has evolved over the past few decades and how it relates to what was needed in the business through each of those time periods
- How technology has created a multi tasking and multiple priorities reality and what to do to maximize abilities to thrive in this reality
- The four levels of leadership awareness model that provides you with a ‘tool’ to elevate your thoughts and to align your actions with the new ‘leadership operating system’
- How to leverage mindfulness as an evolutionary strategy and other new strategies to increase your creativity, speed of thought and ability to execute effectively
- How to leverage emotional intelligence with ‘energy’ intelligence to increase collaboration and connection with others
- By using Level Four Focus, how to commit to ‘knowledge sharing’ as a future of work strategy and to engage all employees
Maximizing Collaboration and Innovation in Multi Generational Teams
Generations in the workplace is no longer news; leaders and teams don’t want to hear about what makes the generations different anymore they want to know “HOW” to leverage collaboration and innovation among the multi generational teams.
This keynote is tactical and practical and provides examples of different generational approaches to leadership, problem solving and getting things done.
Newer research indicates that in the past few years as Gen Y’s/Millenials impact the workplace there is a higher need for valuing the differences of each of the generations and to find ways to work together synergistically.
This generations keynote provides ideas and strategies on ‘what’ and ‘how’ each individual can increase his or her own ability to leverage generational intelligence to increase innovation and results.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- The three things that ALL of the generations want at work
- How the strengths of each of the generations are absolutely needed for the future of work today
- Insight and a reminder of the demographics of each of the generations in the workplace and their impact on business
- How each of the generations leverages technology to achieve work goals
- Debunking the myths of the stereotypes of the generations
- Leadership strategies on how to successfully lead each of the generations by adapting to their work style and generational style
- How to increase success in communication, collaboration and innovation with each of the generations
- Case studies of high profile companies who have a large Gen Y demographic and what those companies are doing to recruit and retain Gen Y’s
- Stories of progressive ideas on how to deal with retiring or ‘refiring’ Zoomers, how to encourage reverse mentoring and how to build career plans for Gen X and Y
- How to leverage evolutionary leadership skills of creativity and innovation when leading multigenerational teams
Finding and Keeping Good People In The Age of Robotics, Remote Workers and Increasing Competition
We are in a war for talent, Fortune 500 CEO’s surveyed state that even with the age of robotics they are planning to continue to seek and hire talented people well into 2020 and beyond. The competition for attracting top talent is increasing, and as quickly as people are being hired and trained other industries are approaching and poaching talent.
What can you do? In this keynote you will find out how to attract top talent and how to retain them.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- The latest research from your industry and the current reality of finding and keeping good people
- Innovative ideas on finding the right people that are suited for your industry
- Creative ideas and examples from global companies Cheryl has worked with and or interviewed and how they are solving the war for talent
- The top ten ‘wants’ of top talent when looking to work for a company
- How to be a company that ‘attracts’ talent, is a workplace of choice and creates a culture where people want to be stay longer with your company
- The number one reason people leave an employer and how to fix it
- A greater understanding of why investing in recruiting alone is a no-win approach
“Cheryl Cran was keynote speaker for the Hospitality Leadership Forum, part of the International Hotel, Motel & Restaurant Show. Our audience of hospitality industry leaders and students embraced Cheryl’s message of ‘shared leadership’ and the need to upgrade his or her leadership operating system. Cheryl’s presentation was multidimensional and engaging thanks to her audience interaction, humor, and technology. Cheryl encouraged attendees to text and tweet throughout – a great boost to the level of engagement. The feedback received from our attendees was extremely positive, and she was a terrific addition to our conference program.”
– K.Moore, Director Convention & Events, AHLA
“Cheryl Cran is not Sheryl Crow but she is a rock star none the less! We had Cheryl as our closing keynote speaker for a series of programs for our leadership groups. Cheryl worked with us on over a dozen events where she delivered to about 6000 general managers in total from the AT&T system. Her keynote, “Lead with 2020 Vision” was THE icing on the proverbial cake of our two day events. Her ability to weave in the messages of the other presenters, her ability to engage the groups with humor, fun, authenticity and provocative thought was quite simply amazing and EXACTLY what we needed as a close to our events.
Her stage presence, her use of audience interaction and her depth of knowledge on how today’s leaders can lead change, transform people and grow business in the digital age was the reason we hired her and she is so easy to work with, it was a pleasure to have her on our team. We would definitely work with Cheryl again”
– VP AT&T Universitye
“Cheryl Cran facilitated our annual Executive Strategy meeting in February 2014 and we are ecstatic with the results. With Cheryl’s help we were able to refocus and gain clarity on our brand message to our customers, what needs to happen internally to fulfill the brand promise and what we as executive leaders need to transform in order to lead the company into its next level of success. Cheryl spent time with me and the team prior to the strategy meeting in a series of conference calls to gather input and data to help form the direction of the strategy meeting. She created an online survey to gather information and personal views on the challenges and the opportunities for the company and how the executive team viewed the future.
Cheryl has a unique ability to gather tremendous data and content, sift through it and then provide a clear and simple pathway that helps the leaders and the business to grow. Her style is direct yet fun and she is deeply insightful into the personal growth needed by each individual in order for him or her to be able to contribute at higher levels to the overall goals of the company. Cheryl as a leadership expert is consultative, creative and results focused we look forward to working with her again.”
– R. Laudner CEO, Omnitel Communications
“We had Cheryl Cran as our Opening Keynote Speaker for the Texas Municipal League Annual Conference and Exhibition, which was held in Austin, Texas in October of 2013. Her message “Engaging All Generations in the Community,” was timely, relevant, and well received by conference attendees. Her combination of fun insights, inspiring stories, relevant examples, and customizations made her a wonderful speaker for our conference. Cheryl was a pleasure to work with as to where she was accessible before, during, and after the event. She has the rare combination of fun and high value content which is appealing to all levels and all generations.”
– Jacqueline Redin, Conferences and Training Services Manager, Texas Municipal League
“Cheryl Cran’s presentation to our group of Executive, Senior Leaders and others was in a word, TIMELY! We had our bi-annial leadership conference and Cheryl was the closing speaker for our two day event. Her ability to weave in content that is current to the corporate situation as well as present in a way that is fun, intelligent and thought provoking is amazing. We have had overwhelmingly positive feedback from Cheryl’s session with comments that her message was the perfect close to the two day event and that they felt inspired and willing to shift their approach in their work as a result of hearing her.
Cheryl brought research, the ability to connect, global intelligence and more to help make our conference a remarkable success”.
– D Dumont, HR Executive, Jamiesons Health