About Brian Carter
Brian Carter is regarded as one of the elite internet marketing experts in the world. His hands-on business experience, cutting edge insights, background in improv and stand up comedy culminate in a speaker and trainer who leaves every audience not only entertained, but armed with powerful strategies and tactics. Brian’s can deliver his most popular talks but also loves to understand your needs and corporate goals, and customize his presentation to inspire, entertain and empower your audience.
Brian develops strategies and builds search visibility and social marketing fanbases for companies of all sizes, including well known entities such as Universal Studios, The U.S. Army, Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. He is quoted in the book Twitter Marketing For Dummies and has been quoted and profiled by Information Week, ABC News, U.S. News & World Report, Mashable, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Brian writes for several of the most popular marketing blogs: Search Engine Journal, AllFacebook and Mashable (which boasts 20 million monthly readers). He has more than 50,000 online fans and growing, and his content is viewed over 8 million times a month.
A regular presenter for top marketing conferences such as SEOmoz, SMX, Pubcon, The AllFacebook Expo, Socialize, The South Carolina Society of Association Executives and The American Marketing Association. Brian is a entertaining and seasoned expert in the world of Internet marketing.
GET ONLINE OR STEP OFF
- The world is changing. People under 40 are staring at their smartphone.
- Old world sales and influence strategies still work but the Internet is powerful and part of everything.
- To thrive in the 21st century, you need to be able to market and sell everywhere: in person, online and in social media.
- But how do you influence people on Facebook or LinkedIn? Which social media platforms and strategies and tactics are worth doing? Some of the answers are surprising.
- Brian separates the profitable from the unprofitable and the must-do from the wait-and-see, giving you solid advice about where to invest your organization’s and employees’ time, both now and in the future.
LOYAL BUYERS NOT LOSER FANS! CREATING LOYALTY WITH SOCIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Customers want what they want when they want it. They love companies that give it to them.
- With today’s social technology, tools and data, it’s easier than ever to serve your customer. Many tools are free or low cost and easy to use.
- Brian shows you how to hack your customer’s brain, know them better, how your buyers are different from your fans, how to attract more buyers, waste less time on fans, and increase buyer loyalty.
GENERATION NOW: SELLING TO AND SERVING THE BIG 3 GENERATIONS
- There are a ton of Millennials, they’re different and they’re not going away!
- Do you know how each generation – Millennial, X and Boomer – prefers to be marketed and sold to?
- Do you know which generation is buying your products and services the most?
- Do you know what they love and hate in customer service?
- Why is it important to understand generational buying compared to traditional marketing?
- Social media is one area where generation gaps are more obvious than others… but that diversity is actually a source of strength for your organization. Each generation has strengths to contribute.
- Brian shows you how to combine your company’s inter-generational skills for your entire company’s benefit and how to use them to market, sell to and serve customers of every generation.
HOW DOES SOCIAL MEDIA CREATE SALES?
- Social media is an always up-to-date searchable online Rolodex of professionalswhere you can easily find the best new prospects.
- Social media provides deep data about consumers and professionals so you can research and better understand your prospects’ needs so your sales pitch resonates more and more of them will buy from you.
- Social media is open and friendly, which makes it easier to network with new prospects, learn their habits and what they value.
- Social media lets you share interesting articles, research, infographics and pictures so you can easily start conversations with new prospects.
- Social media can help you create relationships relationships with all of your prospects and customers and keeps you in-front of them so they’re more likely to buy from you- not your competitor.
HOW DOES SOCIAL MEDIA IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE?
- Social media allows you to see customer opinions that you normally wouldn’t (only 6% of unhappy customers complain) and gives you the opportunity to create customer satisfaction that the public can see. That can attract more business and gives public proof you are a company who cares.
- Social media is filled with public complaints and suggestions from customers which you can mine for ideas to improve your customer service and create sustainable processes.
- Social media is filled with people and is more casual, so inhuman corporate approaches get criticized publicly- so it shows your brand how to become more personable and approachable.
“Brian received rave reviews and definitely knows his stuff. If you’re looking for a speaker and want someone who is engaging, humorous and relates well with an audience, then Brian’s your guy! He’s also a pleasure to work with!”
– Betsy Bailey, Executive Director at Professional Engineers of North Carolina
“Brian is an engaging and entertaining speaker. We hired him to speak to over 200 Marketers on the use of social media and his take on the topic was not only timely, but also fun!”
– Lisa Peterson, Senior Director, Marketing at MD Revolution
“Brian was a phenomenal speaker at our 2014 NBC Affiliate Marketing Meeting in Las Vegas. When a technical glitch delayed the start of his talk, he entertained the over 200 attendees with ease. His time on stage was personable, informative and downright entertaining. I’d hire him back in a second.”
– James Tella, Director, Affiliate Marketing at NBC Universal
“Brian was entertaining, enlightening, educational and practical. Our nonprofit association executives gave him a perfect score for relevance and value. I recommend Brian as a presenter.”
– Erin Hardwick, CAE, CEO South Carolina Association of CPA’s
“Brian is a very articulate speaker with perfect delivery and a great knack for humor”
– Jordan Kasteler, CMO, SteelCast