About Jeff Havens
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Vanderbilt University, Jeff has quickly become one of the most in-demand presenters in North America. His truly unprecedented ability to deliver high-quality education in an undeniably entertaining way has earned him dozens of repeat clients, all of whom appreciate Jeff’s insistence that education is the only way that we improve at anything and that we’ll all improve better and faster if we enjoy the learning process. By combining the content of the traditional presentation with the entertainment value of a comedy show, Jeff has found enthusiastic audiences in government, academia, small businesses and several Fortune 50 companies, all while still being one of the youngest members of the professional speaking circuit.
The Jeff Havens Company exists because of Jeff’s firm belief that making learning fun is the quickest, cheapest, and most effective way to create a culture where people are eager to continually improve. Whether you want to improve your leadership or change management strategies, whether you want a plug-and-play solution or something more perfectly tailored to your particular needs – if it’s important to you, we’ll make it fun. Because here at The Jeff Havens Company, we know that improving your business doesn’t have to be boring.
Unleash Your Inner Tyrant!
The first of its kind, Unleash Your Inner Tyrant! helps managers and executives become better leaders by showing them everything they should avoid – including how to create a culture of fear and mistrust, how to oppress and demoralize employees, and how to stand firm in the face of all change – before wrapping up with a serious conversation about the kind of leaders we should all strive to become.
Covering four main areas of leadership – creating a healthy corporate culture; management/employee relations; crisis management; and change management – Unleash Your Inner Tyrant! is every bit as content-rich and intensively researched as a more traditional leadership seminar but has the added benefit of an unparalleled delivery style that will have your audience laughing the entire time they’re learning how to become more effective leaders. Simply put, there is nothing else like this in the business world, and no better way to energize your management team while providing them with invaluable training they will remember for months and years to come.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- How to create a healthy, vibrant corporate culture through open communication and active accessibility
- How to inspire trust and loyalty in your employees by setting reasonable expectations and delivering truly constructive criticism when necessary
- How to use mistakes as an opportunity to build strength and actually increase productivity, loyalty, and customer retention
- How to approach change in order to achieve seamless integration of new product lines, marketing strategies, department mergers, and other new initiatives
- How to become the kind of leader others are excited to follow
Uncrapify Your Life!
Designed for a broad spectrum of audiences, the award-winning Uncrapify Your Life! keynote is a masterstroke of reverse psychology. Promising to give audiences permission rather than advice, Uncrapify Your Life! will ‘encourage’ your team to employ the MYFABMOFA plan (watch the demo video to find out what that means) for a hysterical study in exactly how not to talk to others. You’ll laugh harder than you thought possible at a conference keynote before Uncrapify Your Life! brings it all home with a poignant and powerful discussion about how small changes in our communication strategies can often be the most important (and least expensive) way to strengthen relationships, increase loyalty, and create a unbreakable culture of teamwork and mutual respect.
Due to its appeal to such a wide variety of audiences, Uncrapify Your Life! is Jeff’s most requested keynote. By highlighting and then poking fun of practices we’re all occasionally guilty of, Uncrapify Your Life! is at once hilarious and meaningful, offering a motivational communication and teambuilding keynote utterly unlike anything you’ve ever seen and that is guaranteed to leave you refreshed, surprised, and begging for more.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- How to avoid negative and unproductive conversations
- No-cost, easily-implemented communication strategies that will immediately create positive change in your team dynamic
- The importance of small things when it comes to delivering outstanding customer service or creating a healthy corporate culture
- A new way to think about change that will significantly relieve any concern or tension regarding existing or upcoming changes in your organization
Us vs Them!
If you’ve listened to any other discussion about generational issues at work, then you’ve undoubtedly been told there are four distinct generations operating side-by-side in today’s working world. You’ve then been told the differences between those four generations, and then you’ve been told (although probably not in these exact words) that you need to just deal with all these different people, because they’re not going away and they’re not going to change how they operate. If that advice suits you, fantastic.
However, if you’ve ever been frustrated by how impossible it seems to employ four different strategies to manage four distinct generations, and if you’ve ever felt like you’re the only one who’s being asked to make any changes, then Us Vs. Them is exactly what you need. Because it turns out that there really aren’t four generations. In this hysterical keynote, you’ll learn a simpler way of looking at your own generational picture, and you’ll also learn how to understand, recognize, and resolve every generational issue facing today’s workforce. That’s no exaggeration; by the end of Us Vs. Them, you and your colleagues will walk away with all of the knowledge you’ll need to address 100% of the generational issues you’ll face for the rest of your career. Other generational presentations focus on what people want, but Us Vs. Them will tell you why everyone wants the different things they do. It’s an important distinction, and it will make implementing new solutions easier than you ever thought possible.
So get ready to laugh more and learn more than you ever thought possible. Because improving your generational issues doesn’t have to be boring.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Learn to replace the complicated four-generation model with a workable dichotomy between older, more experienced workers and their younger, less-experienced counterparts
- Understand the key cultural, technological, and social changes that have conspired to create a disconnect between team members from these two generations
- Walk away with several immediately applicable strategies to address and eliminate problems caused by the disconnect mentioned above
- Inspire a healthier, more robust work ethic in your younger employees (and your older ones, too)
- Inspire a healthier, more robust attitude toward change in your older employees (and your younger ones, too)
“It was spectacular!!! Our staff really needed to laugh together, and he shared a lot of valuable information as well. It was a great spin on the typical motivational speaker…He is unique, and his program is one of a kind!”
– Joliet Public Library
“Jeff’s program, “Uncrapify Your Life!” was a great way to end a three-day seminar. Jeff illustrated points that each of us working in the business world has felt numerous times throughout our careers. His interactive style worked well with our group.”
“As a club, we are always looking for insightful ways to better communicate our thoughts and ideas. Jeff’s PowerPoint presentation gave us the strategies needed to succeed. All in all, the entire club enjoyed Jeff Havens’ presentation.”
– Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company